Monday, September 22, 2014

Living with Chronic Pain

Since January 2010, my life has been altered forever, due to Fibromyalgia. For those not familiar with Fibromyalgia it's an abnormality, that confuses the brain and sends messages of crisis constantly and never stops sending these wrong messages. The result is widespread joint and muscle pain after rest and effort, depression, brain fog, exhaustion and whole body inflammation. Every patient has different degrees of mostly the above listed symptoms.  For me, pain is my most prevalent symptom, I experience a very high degree of pain each morning upon rising. It's widespread and severe, I take about eight different types of medicine in the morning to help reduce the pain but its very typical for the pain to last most of the day.
At first, it is difficult to accept that your life has changed involuntarily forever .  I was always hoping that one morning I would wake up painless again like before and my old self would return. It's been four long years with this condition, although my pain management skills has improved greatly by going to some free Pain Management workshops and the medicine combinations.  Now,  I am just grateful I am still alive and my pain therapy continues to improve. It's very likely this will never go away but I know now not to focus on what I no longer can do but rather on what I still can do.
I launched Euphonious Radio in 2012 in hope this could be my new career, an internet radio broadcaster. This is something I can do from home which is actually my highest priority at the moment.
To be continued…

No comments:

Post a Comment